X-Plain Patient Education For Hospitals
A patient satisfaction survey of 1,381 people found that 9 out of 10 appreciate how X-Plain programs:
- Helped them better understand their disease.
- Have information and graphics that are easy to understand.
- Are easy to operate.
Why Do Patients Love X-Plain?
Research shows that patients retain only 20 to 60% of what the doctor tells them, and only half of what they recall is accurate.
X-Plain tutorials improve the user's attention, comprehension and retention by combing text, narration and illustrations. Each tutorial explains a disease or procedure using plain language and multimedia to enhance the learning process.
Each tutorial is broken up into short slides. Patients can advance through the slides at their own pace and review concepts again if needed.
The tutorial asks questions during the presentation to see whether the patient understands key concepts. The patient must answer each question correctly to proceed. These interactive questions initiate the teach-back process to streamline the provider-patient interaction.
Our Track Record
For the past 24 years, the Patient Education Institute has helped healthcare organizations implement patient education systems that satisfy a variety of mission-critical needs. We help our clients:
- Improve outcomes by ensuring patient comprehension and compliance.
- Increase efficiency and save staff time.
- Engage the community with campaigns designed to promote public health and prevent disease.
- Increase patient satisfaction scores.
- Manage the expectations of patients and their families to mitigate the risk of medical malpractice complaints and lawsuits.
- Meet regulatory requirements related to informed consent, discharge instructions and meaningful use.
- Increase traffic on their websites and promote their brand names.
- Standardize health messages across the health system.
Click here to learn more about the Patient Education Institute.