X-Plain Patient Education
We develop innovative patient education and engagement solutions that improve medical outcomes, bolster patient satisfaction, and maximize cost-efficiency.
Our interactive patient education library, X-Plain®, houses thousands of evidence-based titles in several languages. We publish each health topic in three formats: videos, interactive tutorials, and illustrated handouts.
Our award-winning X-Plain® Tutorials present information and then ask the patient questions to verify understanding and support teach-back.
We offer tried-and-true solutions for EMRs, patient portals, bedside TVs and patient stations, telemedicine apps, and public-facing websites. Patients can learn on smartphones, tablets, PCs, TVs or bedside patient stations.
The subscription to X-Plain includes content updates, best practice solutions, and the opportunity to brand the licensed content with the name and logo of our client.
"X-Plain has improved my office efficiency,
and numerous patients have asked me why
other physicians don’t offer this service."
Peter M. Klara, M.D., Ph.D.
Our Track Record
For the past 25 years, the Patient Education Institute has helped healthcare organizations implement patient education solutions that satisfy a variety of mission-critical needs. We help our clients:
- Improve outcomes by ensuring patient comprehension and compliance.
- Increase efficiency and save staff time.
- Engage the community with campaigns designed to promote public health and prevent disease.
- Increase patient satisfaction scores.
- Manage the expectations of patients and their families to mitigate the risk of medical malpractice complaints and lawsuits.
- Meet regulatory requirements related to informed consent, discharge instructions, and meaningful use.
- Increase traffic on their websites and promote their brand names.
- Standardize health messages across the health system.
Our clients are healthcare institutions: health systems, hospitals, ambulatory centers, physician groups, and payers & insurers. We also partner with vendors of healthcare IT products who integrate our content and technology into their existing solutions. Explore our website to find why more than 300 million patients and their families have trusted X-Plain solutions since 1995 or contact us for more information.