X-Plain Patient Education
We develop innovative patient education software and solutions that improve medical outcomes, bolster patient satisfaction, and save staff time.
Our interactive patient education library, X-Plain®, includes thousands of evidence-based titles in several languages. We publish each health topic in three formats: videos, interactive tutorials, and illustrated handouts. These multimedia materials and interactive tools share identical content to standardize patient education across the enterprise.
Our award-winning X-Plain® Tutorials present information and then ask the patient questions to verify understanding and support teach-back.
We offer tried-and-true solutions for patient portals, bedside TVs and patient stations, EMRs, telemedicine apps, and public-facing websites. Patients can learn on smartphones, tablets, PCs, TVs or bedside patient stations.
In addition to the content and apps, a subscription to X-Plain includes the following patient education services: integration, branding with the client's name and logo, content updates, and our best practice newsletter.
"X-Plain has improved my office efficiency,
and numerous patients have asked me why
other physicians don’t offer this service."
Peter M. Klara, M.D., Ph.D.
Our Track Record
For the past 25 years, the Patient Education Institute has helped healthcare organizations implement patient education solutions that:
- Improve outcomes by ensuring patient comprehension and compliance.
- Increase efficiency and save staff time.
- Engage the community with campaigns designed to promote public health and prevent disease.
- Increase patient satisfaction scores.
- Manage the expectations of patients and their families to mitigate the risk of medical malpractice complaints and lawsuits.
- Meet regulatory requirements related to informed consent, discharge instructions, and meaningful use.
- Increase website traffic and promote our client brands.
- Standardize health messages across the health system.
Our clients are healthcare institutions: health systems, hospitals, ambulatory centers, physician groups, and payers and insurers. We also partner with healthcare IT vendors who integrate our content and technology into existing solutions. Explore our website to find why more than 300 million patients and their families have trusted our company since 1995. Contact us for more information.